Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Marcos  >  Hello Im new
0 Members Browsing (24 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Hello Im new  (currently 1,291 views)
Monkey
Posted on: February 11th, 2005, 09:47:15 Quote Report to Moderator
Guest User
Right Im Monkey (nick name Craig Monk) i live in Southampton and im an alcoholic.......... sorry wrong place.

I've always been interested in cars with a difference, i first saw on round the corner from where i live in a bad way on some blokes drive about 11 years ago whislt walking to school and fell in love with it instantly, since then he has restored it but i havnt been able to speak to him to find out more about the car. Ive always liked working on cars and have a few projects under my belt, but nothing like this (i modify cars an compete in competitions IE: SPL Sound Pressure Level how loud is your stereo, and SQL, and a few engine mods(i like to think car electrics are my speciality) i am one of those annoying blokes that has a boot full of speakers way too large wheels etc, but i do respect my neighbours and turn off the sounds when i get near houses. Dont worry im not going to do that to the marcos (when i get one) as i want it to be a race car thats road legal basically. I go to Santa Pod every year and get beaten buy all my mates an im getting annoyed by it so i want a light small car with lots of power, i want to beat a MR2 Turbo it does the 1/4 mile in 13.7s is this possible to beat?

The site looks fantastic will lots of advice ant tips etc the photo section has giving me lots of ideas to play with and once i find one i hope it will be good enough to feature on this site.

Just a few questions:

What sort of weight is a MM?

What engines can/have been fitted?

Are they all FWD or are there some RWD or even 4WD?

and do they all have Mini running gear?

whats the fastset MM, how much power, what engine?

appologise if these have been asked before i have tried to look but cant find anything.

Many THanks

Monkey  
e-mail Private Message
admin
Posted on: February 11th, 2005, 11:51:31 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

I think you'll find some of the answers on the site, but here's a few:

Weight - my Mk.IV tipped the scales at Snetterton at about 690kg in full road-going trim. Mk. IIIS and stripped-down racers will be lighter.

Engines/running gear: the MM was designed to take any transverse A-series (Mini) engine and gearbox. Other engines fitted (or being fitted) include Vauxhall 2 litre (at the back) and Suzuki Swift. Alternative brakes are often used e.g. Metro vented discs and dual circuit systems.

I don't know of any 4wd Marcoses. Not a lot of point really.

Fastest MMs - please see the articles on the TransXL Mk. IV Mini Marcos which holds four UK records, and Pete Crudgington's 'Granny Smith Racing' Mk. IV which won 'Fastest Mini In The World' last year.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print

New Thread Mini Marcos Forum  >  Mini Marcos  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Forum Rules