Home Forum Help Calendar Search Register Login
 Welcome, Guest. Please login or register

Mini Marcos Forum  >  General Boards  >  Mini Jem  >  Mini Jem for sale
0 Members Browsing (5 Guests)
Currently No Active Members

Pages: 1 Reply Recommend Print
  Author    Mini Jem for sale  (currently 2,606 views)
Jeremy Harrison
Posted on: June 26th, 2013, 12:14:13 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

I have reluctantly decided to put my superb, 1969, Mini Jem, RSM M2 1091, first registered on 8.12.1969 as a "JEM", up for sale. I have been having the car professionally re-built over the last few years, see pictures page 21 in the Summer 2012 and page 19 in the Spring 2013 Club magazines and various entries in the Club Mini Jem Forum. It is now almost finished, just needing re-wiring, the instruments fitted and the car trimming. I have the original Fellpoint seats, which are in reasonable condition and I have the rest of the original trim too, but is not to the standard I require, so it needs re-doing. I have bought basket-weave material to as near to original as possible, to do this job. The body has been professionally restored and painted in a BMC Iris blue and the bonnet bulge has been reversed to accommodate the 45 DCOE Weber carb. All new, original type, Mini lights have been fitted and the reflectors are incorporated in the side/brake rear lenses for neatness. It has a new Club front windscreen and new Lexan polycarbonate windows to the doors and rear opening hatch. A new Mini van fuel tank is fitted, together with a facet fuel pump. The car has an MED 1380 "Clubman" engine, straight-cut gearbox, ultra-light flywheel, competition clutch, stainless exhaust and an MED electronic dizzy. It is still being run-in, having covered only about 800 miles in a Cox GTM Coupe, which I used to own. It is on 4.5" reverse rim Cooper S steel wheels with new hub caps and new Yoko A-008s. It has professionally restored sub-frames with new Hi-Lo's, new Koni's all round, all new brakes including "7.5" "S" discs and all new brake pipes in either copper or braided Goodrich and it has 1.5 degree negative camber bottom arms. The car has been built with no expense spared and I have had bills for over £12,000 so far. Full spec on request. I will accept £8,500 firm, no offers. If there is no interest at this price, I'll finish the car and keep it in my collection. The car is to be sold including all the Mini Jem spares I have accumulated including a full history file and numerous photos of the re-build. I live in Liverpool and the Jem is available for viewing at any time. It will need to be trailered away. It is on SORN. My e-mail is lilacmog@sky.com if you would like more information, photos, etc.

Last modified June 30th, 2013, 07:23:01 by Jeremy Harrison
Logged Offline
Private Message
Richard Fysh
Posted on: July 6th, 2013, 08:03:51 Quote Report to Moderator
Medium Member

I have sent you an email.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
admin
Posted on: July 7th, 2013, 22:09:17 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Jeremy, please use PMs or email to make personal arrangements. I'll delete your post.

Btw. Thanks for the photos you sent me earlier, whch I still need tomput on the web.
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
Jeremy Harrison
Posted on: July 13th, 2013, 08:42:33 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

My Mini Jem is no longer for sale. I have decided to complete the car and it is now being professionally re-wired and re-trimmed and it should be on the road again soon.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
admin
Posted on: July 15th, 2013, 23:27:19 Quote Report to Moderator
Team Member Administrator

Good News!
Logged Offline
  Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
Jeremy Harrison
Posted on: July 16th, 2013, 06:27:10 Quote Report to Moderator
Baby Member

Yes, but my wife doesn't think so !